Sponsored Links
SEARCH THIS SITE
SEARCH THIS SITE FOR HOUSE DESIGN, OVERSEAS FILIPINO NEWS, FREE ONLINE STUDIES, CASH LOANS and BANK LOANS, PROPERTY FOR SALE, HOUSE AND LOT, FORECLOSED, CARS FOR SALE and anything beneficial for the Filipinos at home and abroad
Advertisement

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

118 Stranded OFWs Arrived Home with Free Gifts and Allowances from OWWA and Duterte


118 Stranded OFWs Arrived Home with Free Gifts and Allowances from OWWA and Duterte
advertisement


(Images from the  DFA)


The second batch  of repatriated OFWs from Saudi finally arrived home.The 118 OFWs who were onboard Saudi Airlines SVA860 arrived at the NAIA Terminal 1.They were welcomed by DFA Secretary Perfecto Yasay,OWWA Administrator Rebecca Calzado  and DOLE USecretary Ciriaco Lagunzad III.Secretary Yasay told that President Duterte wanted to meet them but was not  able to do it beacause of tha Davao bombing incident.Yasay also ensures the repatriated OFWs that OWWA and DOLE are both ready to render assistance to all of them.
As they arrived,OWWA and DSWD has distributed loot bags  and gifts to each and everyone of them.
advertisement


(photos from PTV FB Page)
The 118 OFWS were from Saudi Oger Takashussi Camp.The Saudi Arabian government prvided their travel expenses.Prior to the repatriation,the Department of Social Welfare and Development(DSWD) Humanitarian Team  went to Saudi Arabia last month to conduct counselling and debriefing to help the group of around 8,000 stranded OFWs.DSWD Undersecretary Vilma Cabrera  said that 37 among them only wanted to transfer to another sponsor  and doesnt want to come home but later persuaded to join the repatriation after the counselling and debriefing ,for the sake of their safety.
advertisement

On the part of DSWD Secretary Judy Taguiwalo,she stated that she understand those who doesn't want to go home,considering their sacrifices just to go abroad and work for better future of their families back home.
Last week,the first batch consisting of 129 OFWs were repatriated and welcomed by President Duterte and received cash from the President.

READ ALSO:
OFWS IN SAUDI DIG ON TRASH BIN FOR FOOD 

KING SALMAN OF SAUDI ISSUED AN ORDER TO HELP DISTRESSED OFWS 

STRANDED OFWS ARE SELLING BLOOD FOR FOOD 

DUTERTE SENT HELP FOR STRANDED OFWS IN SAUDI

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS YOU CAN GET FROM OWWA? 

OFW ON VACATION,DEAD AFTER BEING MISTAKEN FOR A DRUG PUSHER BY ARMED MEN IN MASKS
Read More:




China's plans to hire Filipino household workers to their five major cities including Beijing and Shanghai, was reported at a local newspaper Philippine Star. it could be a big break for the household workers who are trying their luck in finding greener pastures by working overseas  China is offering up to P100,000  a month, or about HK$15,000. The existing minimum allowable wage for a foreign domestic helper in Hong Kong is  around HK$4,310 per month.  Dominador Say, undersecretary of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), said that talks are underway with Chinese embassy officials on this possibility. China’s five major cities, including Beijing, Shanghai and Xiamen will soon be the haven for Filipino domestic workers who are seeking higher income.  DOLE is expected to have further negotiations on the launch date with a delegation from China in September.   according to Usec Say, Chinese employers favor Filipino domestic workers for their English proficiency, which allows them to teach their employers’ children.    Chinese embassy officials also mentioned that improving ties with the leadership of President Rodrigo Duterte has paved the way for the new policy to materialize.  There is presently a strict work visa system for foreign workers who want to enter mainland China. But according Usec. Say, China is serious about the proposal.   Philippine Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello said an estimated 200,000 Filipino domestic helpers are  presently working illegally in China. With a great demand for skilled domestic workers, Filipino OFWs would have an option to apply using legal processes on their desired higher salary for their sector. Source: ejinsight.com, PhilStar Read More:  The effectivity of the Nationwide Smoking Ban or  E.O. 26 (Providing for the Establishment of Smoke-free Environment in Public and Enclosed Places) started today, July 23, but only a few seems to be aware of it.  President Rodrigo Duterte signed the Executive Order 26 with the citizens health in mind. Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella said the executive order is a milestone where the government prioritize public health protection.    The smoking ban includes smoking in places such as  schools, universities and colleges, playgrounds, restaurants and food preparation areas, basketball courts, stairwells, health centers, clinics, public and private hospitals, hotels, malls, elevators, taxis, buses, public utility jeepneys, ships, tricycles, trains, airplanes, and  gas stations which are prone to combustion. The Department of Health  urges all the establishments to post "no smoking" signs in compliance with the new executive order. They also appeal to the public to report any violation against the nationwide ban on smoking in public places.   Read More:          ©2017 THOUGHTSKOTO www.jbsolis.com SEARCH JBSOLIS, TYPE KEYWORDS and TITLE OF ARTICLE at the box below Smoking is only allowed in designated smoking areas to be provided by the owner of the establishment. Smoking in private vehicles parked in public areas is also prohibited. What Do You Need To know About The Nationwide Smoking Ban Violators will be fined P500 to P10,000, depending on their number of offenses, while owners of establishments caught violating the EO will face a fine of P5,000 or imprisonment of not more than 30 days. The Department of Health  urges all the establishments to post "no smoking" signs in compliance with the new executive order. They also appeal to the public to report any violation against the nationwide ban on smoking in public places.          ©2017 THOUGHTSKOTO

Dominador Say, undersecretary of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), said that talks are underway with Chinese embassy officials on this possibility. China’s five major cities, including Beijing, Shanghai and Xiamen will soon be the destination for Filipino domestic workers who are seeking higher income.

©2016 THOUGHTSKOTO