Sponsored Links
JBSOLIS is a site for all about health and insurances, SSS, OWWA, PAG-IBIG, Philhealth, bank and cash loans, foreclosed properties, small house designs, local and overseas job listings.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

How OFWS Can Avail Exemption For TRAVEL TAX and TERMINAL FEE?

Read also: How To Update BM ONLINE Account And Get OEC EXEMPTION

With the changes that took place giving exemptions to many OFWs from paying OEC starting September 15, 2016, many Filipino migrant workers are asking how they could avail FREE TRAVEL TAX and FREE TERMINAL FEE?  Previously, OFWs have to present OEC in order to be exempted from paying travel tax and terminal fee. 


Overseas Filipino workers who are exempted from paying OEC can still avail FREE TRAVEL TAX and TERMINAL FEE EXEMPTION by following and presenting documents that will prove that they are OFWs. 

How to Get Exemption For TRAVEL TAX and TERMINAL FEE? 

On the departure day, overseas workers who are exempted from OEC payment will have to follow the procedure below to get FREE travel tax and be exempted from paying terminal fee.


1. Proceed to the airline counter at the airport for check-in.

2. At the immigration counter, present the 

  • passport  
  • and valid work visa or work permit.

 It is important that the document shows the employer name and jobsite. 


TO GET EXEMPTION FOR TERMINAL FEE, the OFW must present ANY of the following as proof of overseas employment:

a. Valid work visa/ work permit
b. Valid employment contract 
c. current employment certificate 
d. Valid company ID 
e. Recent pay slip