Sponsored Links
SEARCH THIS SITE
JBSOLIS is a site for overseas Filipino workers, Philhealth and insurances, OWWA, PAG-IBIG, bank and cash loans, foreclosed properties, small house designs, local and overseas job listings.
EXCHANGE RATE HERE, CHOOSE CURRENCY
Advertisement

Saturday, May 05, 2018

Deployment Ban In Kuwait To Be Lifted Only If OFWs Are 100% Protected —Cayetano

Only when Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) receive 100% protection in Kuwait, the deployment ban will be lifted. this is what Foreign Affairs Secretary Allan Peter Cayetano said during a press briefing as he assists the new batch of OFWs from Kuwait as they arrive at NAIA.

The signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between both governments was one way to achieve this objective but in the meantime, due to the circumstances the past  few days, the negotiation is on hold, Cayetano said.
Advertisement



Only when Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) receive 100% protection in Kuwait, the deployment ban will be lifted. this is what Foreign Affairs Secretary Allan Peter Cayetano said during a press briefing as he assists the new batch of OFWs from Kuwait as they arrive at NAIA.   The signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between both governments was one way to achieve this objective, Cayetano said. Advertisement        Sponsored Links           He also said they were discussing "other things" to arrive at the goal, but he could not disclose the details of the discussions as it could cause more confusion.    President Rodrigo Duterte initially said the deployment ban was permanent, but Malacañang said the ban would only be in place until the signing of the MOU.    Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque and other Foreign Affairs officials are scheduled to fly to the Gulf State on May 7 for the MOU signing. However, the status of the signing has been in limbo since Villa's expulsion.    Roque said he is not sure if the meeting would push through.    "Nothing is set. We're hoping, but not sure yet," Roque said in a press briefing Thursday.    Villa was declared by Kuwait as persona non grata last week ordering him to leave the country, following the rescue mission of distressed Filipino workers in the Gulf state.    The Department of Foreign Affairs called Villa's expulsion "deeply disturbing" and asked the Kuwaiti Ambassador to the Philippines to explain the decision.    A video of the rescue mission went viral, to which Cayetano apologized and then said the Kuwaiti government accepted their explanation.    Warrants of arrest were issued against FIlipino diplomats who were said to be involved in the rescue. Cayetano said they were accused of kidnapping.    Cayetano said they were "sorting out" the issue as diplomats are given immunity.    "We assure everyone that the Philippine government will remain guided by the national interest in seeking solutions that will be beneficial to all concerned. In other words po, kalma lang po [we ask for calm]," Cayetano said.    He added this was just part of the misunderstanding, but they did have an objective.    "Ang objective dito, ang welfare ng ating [The objective here is the welfare of our] overseas Filipino. And we will get to that objective while repairing any damage or restoring the strength of our relationship with Kuwait," he said.  READ MORE: List of Philippine Embassies And Consulates Around The World    Classic Room Mates You Probably Living With   Do Not Be Fooled By Your Recruitment Agencies, Know Your  Correct Fees    Remittance Fees To Be Imposed On Kuwait Expats Expected To Bring $230 Million Income    TESDA Provides Training For Returning OFWs   Cash Aid To Be Given To Displaced OFWs From Kuwait—OWWA    5 Signs A Person Is Going To Be Poor And 5 Signs You Are Going To Be Rich

Sponsored Links



Only when Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) receive 100% protection in Kuwait, the deployment ban will be lifted. this is what Foreign Affairs Secretary Allan Peter Cayetano said during a press briefing as he assists the new batch of OFWs from Kuwait as they arrive at NAIA.   The signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between both governments was one way to achieve this objective, Cayetano said. Advertisement        Sponsored Links           He also said they were discussing "other things" to arrive at the goal, but he could not disclose the details of the discussions as it could cause more confusion.    President Rodrigo Duterte initially said the deployment ban was permanent, but Malacañang said the ban would only be in place until the signing of the MOU.    Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque and other Foreign Affairs officials are scheduled to fly to the Gulf State on May 7 for the MOU signing. However, the status of the signing has been in limbo since Villa's expulsion.    Roque said he is not sure if the meeting would push through.    "Nothing is set. We're hoping, but not sure yet," Roque said in a press briefing Thursday.    Villa was declared by Kuwait as persona non grata last week ordering him to leave the country, following the rescue mission of distressed Filipino workers in the Gulf state.    The Department of Foreign Affairs called Villa's expulsion "deeply disturbing" and asked the Kuwaiti Ambassador to the Philippines to explain the decision.    A video of the rescue mission went viral, to which Cayetano apologized and then said the Kuwaiti government accepted their explanation.    Warrants of arrest were issued against FIlipino diplomats who were said to be involved in the rescue. Cayetano said they were accused of kidnapping.    Cayetano said they were "sorting out" the issue as diplomats are given immunity.    "We assure everyone that the Philippine government will remain guided by the national interest in seeking solutions that will be beneficial to all concerned. In other words po, kalma lang po [we ask for calm]," Cayetano said.    He added this was just part of the misunderstanding, but they did have an objective.    "Ang objective dito, ang welfare ng ating [The objective here is the welfare of our] overseas Filipino. And we will get to that objective while repairing any damage or restoring the strength of our relationship with Kuwait," he said.  READ MORE: List of Philippine Embassies And Consulates Around The World    Classic Room Mates You Probably Living With   Do Not Be Fooled By Your Recruitment Agencies, Know Your  Correct Fees    Remittance Fees To Be Imposed On Kuwait Expats Expected To Bring $230 Million Income    TESDA Provides Training For Returning OFWs   Cash Aid To Be Given To Displaced OFWs From Kuwait—OWWA    5 Signs A Person Is Going To Be Poor And 5 Signs You Are Going To Be Rich


He also said they were discussing "other things" to arrive at the goal, but he could not disclose the details of the discussions as it could cause more confusion.


President Rodrigo Duterte initially said the deployment ban was permanent, but Malacañang said the ban would only be in place until the signing of the MOU.

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, and other Foreign Affairs officials are scheduled to fly to the Gulf State on May 7 for the MOU signing. However, the status of the signing has been unstable since Villa's expulsion.

"Nothing is set. We're hoping, but not sure yet," Roque said in a press briefing Thursday.

Villa was declared by Kuwait as persona non grata last week ordering him to leave the country, following the rescue mission of distressed Filipino workers in the Gulf state.

Warrants of arrest were issued against Filipino diplomats who were said to be involved in the rescue. Cayetano said they were accused of kidnapping.

Cayetano said they were "sorting out" the issue as diplomats are given immunity.

He added this was just part of the misunderstanding, but they did have an objective.



©2018 THOUGHTSKOTO