Sponsored Links
SEARCH THIS SITE
SEARCH THIS SITE FOR HOUSE DESIGN, OVERSEAS FILIPINO NEWS, FREE ONLINE STUDIES, CASH LOANS and BANK LOANS, PROPERTY FOR SALE, HOUSE AND LOT, FORECLOSED, CARS FOR SALE and anything beneficial for the Filipinos at home and abroad
Advertisement

Friday, December 01, 2017

About 10% Out Of Over 700,000 Filipino Youth At Risk Due To Anti-dengue Vaccine?

About 700,000 youth is now at risk after the manufacturer of an anti-dengue vaccine said that using the medicine with people who did not previously infected with the virus could cause severe diseases. Sanofi, the manufacturer of the anti-dengue vaccine Dengvaxia which was first approved in the Philippines disclosed the result of their research that the vaccine is only effective with people who were previously infected by the deadly virus. However , using it with those who were not infected by the disease could seriously harm them. Sponsored Links The vaccination program was facilitated by then Department Of Health head Janette Garin using the P3.8B  budget allocated by the administration of former president Benigno Aquino, III. The program was continued by Health Secretary Pauleen Ubial. Recently, after the statement from Sanofi, Health Secretary Francisco Duque halted the vaccination until further recommendation by the World Health Organization which is expected to come out by the second week of December.       Advertisement    However, the vaccine was approved by the World Health Organization before it was implemented by DOH in the Philippines. Former Health Secretary Garin said that the implementation of the vaccine is also based on WHO recommendation and this has been followed in other countries who are using the same vaccine against the deadly dengue virus. The dengue vaccine experiment was completed after 3 years of intensive tests. The Department of Health was among those which secured the vaccines which needed three consecutive shots for full immunization.  Meanwhile, Senator richard Gordon said that the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee will revive the investigation regarding the DOH purchase of the controversial vaccine after its manufacturer disclosed about the possible health risk of Dengvaxia to those who had received the vaccine without being infected before by the virus.  In September 2016, the committee conducted a hearing about the alleged "midnight deal" involving the purchase of the medicine during the  Aquino administration in spite that the vaccine is still undergoing tests and yet to be guaranteed to be safe. Gordon warned the agency but the former administration still pushed on experimenting and gave the vaccine to initially 280,000 children. According to Senator Gordon's timeline, it is pointed out that:  —On November 14, the DOH considered the national vaccination program followed by a documentation on July 2015.  —December 2, 2015, former President Aquino had a meeting with Sanofi while he attended  the Climate Change Summit in France followed by the approval for the vaccine by the Bureau of Food and Drugs (BFAD)on December 2015.  — December 29, 2015, the Department of Budget and Management has released a sum of P3.5 billion from the government savings, hence, it doesn't went through the Congress.  Gordon said that the government indeed swiftly acted to prevent Filipino children from being affected by the deadly dengue but it should also carefully consider that hastening the administering of the vaccine, which at that time lacks the assurance of its safety, could put their health at risk.  Sanofi studies revealed that the vaccine is only effective to those who were already infected by dengue before being injected with the vaccine, otherwise, it could cause severe diseases.  Read More:  ©2017 THOUGHTSKOTO

Advertisements


About 10% of the 700,000 Filipino youth is now at risk after the manufacturer of an anti-dengue vaccine said that using the medicine with people who did not previously infected with the virus could cause severe diseases.
Sanofi, the manufacturer of the anti-dengue vaccine Dengvaxia which was first approved in the Philippines disclosed the result of their research that the vaccine is only effective with people who were previously infected by the deadly virus. However , using it with those who were not infected by the disease could seriously harm them.
Sponsored Links

The vaccination program was facilitated by then Department Of Health head Janette Garin using the P3.8B  budget allocated by the administration of former president Benigno Aquino, III. The program was continued by Health Secretary Pauleen Ubial. Recently, after the statement from Sanofi, Health Secretary Francisco Duque halted the vaccination until further recommendation by the World Health Organization which is expected to come out by the second week of December.





Advertisement




However, the vaccine was approved by the World Health Organization before it was implemented by DOH in the Philippines. Former Health Secretary Garin said that the implementation of the vaccine is also based on WHO recommendation and this has been followed in other countries who are using the same vaccine against the deadly dengue virus.
The dengue vaccine experiment was completed after 3 years of intensive tests. The Department of Health was among those which secured the vaccines which needed three consecutive shots for full immunization.

Meanwhile, Senator richard Gordon said that the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee will revive the investigation regarding the DOH purchase of the controversial vaccine after its manufacturer disclosed about the possible health risk of Dengvaxia to those who had received the vaccine without being infected before by the virus.

In September 2016, the committee conducted a hearing about the alleged "midnight deal" involving the purchase of the medicine during the  Aquino administration in spite that the vaccine is still undergoing tests and yet to be guaranteed to be safe.
Gordon warned the agency but the former administration still pushed on experimenting and gave the vaccine to initially 280,000 children.
According to Senator Gordon's timeline, it is pointed out that:
 —On November 14, the DOH considered the national vaccination program followed by a documentation on July 2015.

—December 2, 2015, former President Aquino had a meeting with Sanofi while he attended  the Climate Change Summit in France followed by the approval for the vaccine by the Bureau of Food and Drugs (BFAD) on December 2015.
— December 29, 2015, the Department of Budget and Management has released a sum of P3.5 billion from the government savings, hence, it doesn't went through the Congress.
Gordon said that the government indeed swiftly acted to prevent Filipino children from being affected by the deadly dengue but it should also carefully consider that hastening the administering of the vaccine, which at that time lacks the assurance of its safety, could put their health at risk.
Sanofi studies revealed that the vaccine is only effective to those who were already infected by dengue before being injected with the vaccine, otherwise, it could cause severe diseases.

Duque said 733,713 children from Central Luzon, the region of Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon, and Metro Manila were administered Dengvaxia. Eight to 10 percent or about 70,000 children have not had dengue yet, the DOH added.
Update*
 According to Health Secretary Duque, the extent of the possible damage among those who had the anti-dengue vaccine Dengvaxia is about 10% translated to about 70,000 children out of the total 733,713 from different parts of the country.
Read More:

©2017 THOUGHTSKOTO

SEARCH JBSOLIS, TYPE KEYWORDS and TITLE OF ARTICLE at the box below