Sponsored Links
SEARCH THIS SITE
SEARCH THIS SITE for bankruptcy house or foreclosed properties, blueprint homes floor plans, affordable living homes, small and townhouse designs and floor plans, custom home designs, local job postings, overseas job postings, bank cash loans, and personal loan ideas.
Advertisement
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL for MORE VIDEOS ABOUT SMALL HOUSE AND HOUSE DESIGN and OFW INFOs

Sunday, January 03, 2016

WARNING: BE CAREFUL WITH SMALL BATTERIES, PUT THEM AWAY FROM YOUR KIDS, SWALLOWING CAN BE FATAL!


A two-year-old girl from Oklahoma died a couple of days after Christmas from ingesting a battery a little larger than a medicine tablet. Brianna Florer died at a hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Sunday after her parents called an ambulance when she threw up blood and she turned blue. The cause of the death is believed to be a button battery she swallowed, ingested, which released toxic chemicals inside her body. Xray showed a shiny, round button was found inside her stomach. 

While batteries often will pass through the system, they can get stuck and leak an alkaline substance which can prove to be fatally poisonous.

And this is not the first time. There were so many lives of young children was affected by this poisonous batteries that we often used in remote controls, toys, thermometers, greeting cards, pen lights, key chains and watches, among others.


The US Consumer Product Safety Commission offered the following tips.


Parents and caregivers are urged to keep products containing these batteries away from children. CPSC recommends the following steps to prevent unintentional battery ingestion:
- Do not allow children to play with or be in contact with coin cell batteries.
- Caution hearing aid users to keep hearing aids and batteries out of the reach of children.
- Never put batteries in your mouth for any reason because they are easily swallowed accidentally.
- Always check medications before ingesting them. Adults have swallowed button batteries mistaking them for pills or tablets.
- Keep remotes and other electronics out of your child's reach if the battery compartments do not have a screw to secure them. Use tape to help secure the battery compartment.
- If a button battery is ingested, seek medical attention immediately. The National Battery Ingestion and Poison Help Hotlines are available 24 hours a day.
©2016 THOUGHTSKOTO