Sponsored Links
JBSOLIS is a site for all about health and insurances, SSSOWWAPAG-IBIGPhilhealthbank loans and cash loansforeclosed propertiessmall house designs, local and overseas job listings.


Sunday, November 01, 2015

How To Immigrate in New Zealand Without Agency or Immigration Lawyer

Do you know that according to the Credit Suisse Research Institute, New Zealand is the 2nd richest country in the world with an average wealth per adult of $400,800. The Global Peace Index of 2013 also ranked New Zealand as 3rd safest country after Iceland and Denmark as well as the least corrupt country in the world. And with the increasing number of work opportunities, New Zealand is one among the best countries to immigrate. 

With the information available in the internet, you don't have to hire an immigration lawyer or agency just to check your chances for immigration. Here are the basic information you should know:

If you would like to know your chances, you may assess your immigration score under the skilled migrants category. If you score at least 100 points, you may submit an Expression of Interest or EOI. 

Check your points here:

Skilled Migrant Points Calculator

The points threshold you must meet to submit an Expression of Interest is 100.

Submit an Expression of Interest or EOI:

If you meet the minimum points required, you may submit an EOI or Expression of Interest. New Zealand government charges  NZ$510.00 for online EOI and NZ$650 for paper based because online EOI is easier to process. Click on the links below to submit EOI or to complete a form. 
According to the immigration website of New Zealand, they select applicants every 2 weeks. You also have higher chances of being selected if your score is 140 points or more. 

Their English Language Proficiency requirement is not as tough as in Canada and UK, their required overall band score is 6.5 for IELTS but is not compulsory if you can prove that you:
  • have a recognised qualification from a course taught entirely in English
  • have ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand, and have been in the job for at least the last 12 months
  • have other evidence that you are competent in English - we will consider the evidence that you provide.
And if you don't meet their minimum English requirement, you can still apply by by enrolling to ESOL once you arrive in New Zealand. 

If your profession falls  on the following list you are also required to register under the New Zealand occupation authority

Barrister and solicitor
Cable jointer
Clinical dental technician
Clinical dental therapist
Dental hygienist
Dental technician
Dental therapist
Dispensing optician
Electrician (see note below)
Electrical appliance serviceperson
Electrical engineer
Electrical inspector
Electrical installer
Electrical service technician
Enrolled nurse
Financial adviser
Line mechanic
Medical laboratory scientist/technologist
Medical laboratory technician
Medical practitioner
Medical radiation technologist
Nurses and midwives
Occupational therapist
Plumber, gasfitter and drainlayer
Real estate agent
Cadastral (Land Title) Surveyor