Sponsored Links
JBSOLIS is a site for all about health and insurances, SSSOWWAPAG-IBIGPhilhealthbank loans and cash loansforeclosed propertiessmall house designs, local and overseas job listings.


Tuesday, July 23, 2019

'Posible Kang Makulong' - Reminders to Fathers Who Failed to Support a Child

Lack of child supports is one of the common problems a woman may face from her ex-husband or partner after separation or break-up. But to all deadbeat fathers out there, don't you know that failure to pay child support to your children is a crime and may cost you a fine or land you in jail?


According to Atty. Noel Del Prado, a lawyer specializing in family court cases, a father who fails to support his children is a violation of Section 5 of Republic Act 9262 or the Anti-Violence Against Women and Children Act. 

It means single mothers, including overseas Filipina workers (OFWs), can file a case against their ex-husbands or partners who have been remiss of their financial obligations to their children. 

Sponsored Links

He said there are certain parameters have been set by the law to determine whether a father – biological or otherwise – can be charged.

If found guilty, these deadbeat fathers can be jailed for six months to six years and can be fined of P100,000 to P300,000. According to Del Prado, failure to pay child support is considered an economic abuse.