Another sector in Saudi Arabia will embrace Saudization starting July 2.
Saudi Gazette reports that all jobs related to vehicle claim administration in the motor insurance sector will be purely for Saudis starting July.
These include jobs in the branches and centers for receiving claims, debris management, and recovery, as well as surveyors, and all jobs related to the administration of customer care, jobs related to dealing with complaints, and other administrative jobs of branches of vehicle insurance firms.
This is based on the directives of Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA).
SAMA also mandates insurance companies to furnish a monthly report about the progress of Saudization.
Companies are also instructed to provide training for Saudi employees working in insurance companies.
Last year, Labor Ministry of Saudi Arabia decided to off-limits 19 job titles for expatriates, including Filipinos who are applying for visas to Saudi Arabia.
This is a part of nationalization campaign that will replace expats with Saudis in any job categories.
The ministry identified 19 job titles that are off-limits to expatriates but only 11 are identified based on earlier announcement;
1. Chief administrator of human resources at government and private sector companies
2. Head of personnel department
3. Director of Labor Affairs
4. Director of Personnel Relations,
5. Employment clerk
7. Receptionist (General)
8. Receptionist (Hotel)
9. Receptionist (Hospitals)
Other than vehicle claim administration in the motor insurance, the following sector are implementing or planning to implement Saudization
1. Telecom Sector - including selling mobile phones and accessories (September 2016)
2. Health Sector particularly the pharmaceutical sector, according to report, full Saudization to be implemented in 2018.
3. Automobile Sales Sector - both agencies and car rental offices, starting this 1st quarter of 2017
4. Gold and vegetable market (currently being evaluated to be Saudidized)