Sponsored Links
JBSOLIS is a site for overseas Filipino workers, Philhealth and insurances, OWWA, PAG-IBIG, bank and cash loans, foreclosed properties, small house designs, local and overseas job listings.

Monday, March 19, 2018

OWWA: Domestic Workers With Salary Below $600 Can Avail of P20,000 Scholarships Annually For Their Dependents

OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (OFWDSP)

 The OFWDSP is an educational assistance to qualified dependents of active OWWA-member OFWs who intend to pursue any 4 or 5-year baccalaureate degree or associate degree in-state college or university. The scholarship shall be in the form of financial assistance of P20,000.00 per year. Scholarship program to a dependent of OFW whose income is not more than US$600.00.
Every year, a total of 1,250 scholarship slots are allocated, thus;
o   200 scholars for the slots of 10 poorest provinces
o   204 scholars for 17 cities at 12 scholars each
o   840 scholars for 80 provinces at 12 scholars each

o   6 slots for applicants with meritorious cases c/o Home Office/ROCS


Qualified Beneficiaries:
o   Legal dependents of an active OWWA member-OFW whose monthly salary is US$400 or below
o   Legal dependent refers to only 1 child of married or single or only 1 sibling of member-OFW
o   The qualified legal dependent must be single and not more than 21 years old
o   He/she must be a high school graduate, physically, mentally and morally fit
o   He/she must pass the entrance examination conducted by state college/university in OWWA Regional Offices where she intends to enroll
o   The dependent-applicant must not be a recipient of any other scholarship grants
Each OWWA active member is entitled to only 1 scholarship beneficiary
OFW couples who are both eligible for the program shall be entitled to only 1 scholarship slot
Eligible OFW dependent who are previous availees of the EDSP and CMWSP are no longer qualified under the ODSP
Sponsored Links

Documentary Requirements
  • 1. Accomplished Application Form (2 copies)
  • 2. 2x2 ID Photos (2 copies)
  • 3. Proof of relationship to OWWA member (e.g. PSA or Local Civil Registry (LCR)-authenticated birth certificate and certificate of no marriage if OFW is single)
  • 4. Form 137 for incoming first-year college or Transcript of Records or Certificate of Grades for those already enrolled in college
  • 5. Medical certificate/clearance from any DOH-accredited hospital/center/clinic
  • 6. Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the principal/guidance counselor
  • 7. Accomplished original copy of the Scholarship Agreement

OFWs and OFW dependents may visit or call the regional welfare office for more information on OWWA’s programs and services. Below was the post of the OWWA Administrator, Hans Cacdac.