Sponsored Links
SEARCH THIS SITE
SEARCH THIS SITE FOR HOUSE DESIGN, OVERSEAS FILIPINO NEWS, FREE ONLINE STUDIES, CASH LOANS and BANK LOANS, PROPERTY FOR SALE, HOUSE AND LOT, FORECLOSED, CARS FOR SALE and anything beneficial for the Filipinos at home and abroad
Advertisement

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

A Bill To Give Service Sector Employees 100% Of Collected Tips/Service Charge


The usual practice is that only 85 percent of tips and service charge goes to the employees and the remaining 15 percent is collected by the company. In a proposed bill, the proponent seek to give 100 percent of collected tips to service sector employees.  Senate Bill No. 1299, or "An Act Providing that 100% of the Service Charge Collected in Hotels and Other Establishments Be Distributed to All Covered Employees and for Other Purposes" was introduced by Senator Joel Villanueva.  Villanueva is the chairperson of the Senate committee on labor, employment and human resources development.  The bill said rank-and-file employees of the service sector receive only 85 percent of the service charge paid by customer in hotels, restaurants, and similar establishments.  "Unfortunately, some establishments interpret this provision of 85 percent for the staff and 15 percent for the management as a "minimum standard,"" Villanueva said in his sponsorship speech. "There are claims that employers would stipulate in job contracts that 90 percent of the service charges will go to the management and only the remaining 10 percent goes to the employees." Sponsored Links For more than 40 years, hotel and restaurant workers have long been calling for the passage of a law that will make tips and service charges collected fully distributed among all employees.  Under Section 14 of Presidential Decree 850 signed in December 1975, the collection of service charge was optional, but any amount collected shall be distributed 85 percent and 15 percent in favor of employees.  Villanueva said the bill does not make the collection of service charge mandatory, but should establishments collect it, its total must be given to workers.  In her co-sponsorship speech, Senator Grace Poe said these employees are often under short-term contracts.  "This bill will help establish an enabling environment to ensure that we provide decent jobs with fair pay to employees in the service sector," she said.  She added giving employees 100 percent of service charges would not only help augment their income, but also "act as an incentive for them to do better."  The push for the bill comes after the Senate approved the tax reform bill on November 28 which will increase the number of lower-income Filipinos exempted from paying income tax.Source: CNN Philippines   Advertisement Read More:       ©2017 THOUGHTSKOTO
Advertisements



The usual practice is that only 85 percent of tips and service charge goes to the employees and the remaining 15 percent is collected by the company. In a proposed bill, the proponent seek to give 100 percent of collected tips to service sector employees.

The usual practice according to the old law is that only 85 percent of tips and service charge goes to the employees and the remaining 15 percent is collected by the company. In a proposed bill, the proponent seek to give 100 percent of collected tips to service sector employees.  Senate Bill No. 1299, or "An Act Providing that 100% of the Service Charge Collected in Hotels and Other Establishments Be Distributed to All Covered Employees and for Other Purposes" was introduced by Senator Joel Villanueva.  Villanueva is the chairperson of the Senate committee on labor, employment and human resources development.  The bill said rank-and-file employees of the service sector receive only 85 percent of the service charge paid by customer in hotels, restaurants, and similar establishments.  "Unfortunately, some establishments interpret this provision of 85 percent for the staff and 15 percent for the management as a "minimum standard,"" Villanueva said in his sponsorship speech. "There are claims that employers would stipulate in job contracts that 90 percent of the service charges will go to the management and only the remaining 10 percent goes to the employees." Sponsored Links For more than 40 years, hotel and restaurant workers have long been calling for the passage of a law that will make tips and service charges collected fully distributed among all employees.  Under Section 14 of Presidential Decree 850 signed in December 1975, the collection of service charge was optional, but any amount collected shall be distributed 85 percent and 15 percent in favor of employees.  Villanueva said the bill does not make the collection of service charge mandatory, but should establishments collect it, its total must be given to workers.  In her co-sponsorship speech, Senator Grace Poe said these employees are often under short-term contracts.  "This bill will help establish an enabling environment to ensure that we provide decent jobs with fair pay to employees in the service sector," she said.  She added giving employees 100 percent of service charges would not only help augment their income, but also "act as an incentive for them to do better."  The push for the bill comes after the Senate approved the tax reform bill on November 28 which will increase the number of lower-income Filipinos exempted from paying income tax.Source: CNN Philippines   Advertisement Read More:       ©2017 THOUGHTSKOTO

The usual practice according to the old law is that only 85 percent of tips and service charge goes to the employees and the remaining 15 percent is collected by the company. In a proposed bill, the proponent seek to give 100 percent of collected tips to service sector employees.  Senate Bill No. 1299, or "An Act Providing that 100% of the Service Charge Collected in Hotels and Other Establishments Be Distributed to All Covered Employees and for Other Purposes" was introduced by Senator Joel Villanueva.  Villanueva is the chairperson of the Senate committee on labor, employment and human resources development.  The bill said rank-and-file employees of the service sector receive only 85 percent of the service charge paid by customer in hotels, restaurants, and similar establishments.  "Unfortunately, some establishments interpret this provision of 85 percent for the staff and 15 percent for the management as a "minimum standard,"" Villanueva said in his sponsorship speech. "There are claims that employers would stipulate in job contracts that 90 percent of the service charges will go to the management and only the remaining 10 percent goes to the employees." Sponsored Links For more than 40 years, hotel and restaurant workers have long been calling for the passage of a law that will make tips and service charges collected fully distributed among all employees.  Under Section 14 of Presidential Decree 850 signed in December 1975, the collection of service charge was optional, but any amount collected shall be distributed 85 percent and 15 percent in favor of employees.  Villanueva said the bill does not make the collection of service charge mandatory, but should establishments collect it, its total must be given to workers.  In her co-sponsorship speech, Senator Grace Poe said these employees are often under short-term contracts.  "This bill will help establish an enabling environment to ensure that we provide decent jobs with fair pay to employees in the service sector," she said.  She added giving employees 100 percent of service charges would not only help augment their income, but also "act as an incentive for them to do better."  The push for the bill comes after the Senate approved the tax reform bill on November 28 which will increase the number of lower-income Filipinos exempted from paying income tax.Source: CNN Philippines   Advertisement Read More:       ©2017 THOUGHTSKOTO

The usual practice according to the old law is that only 85 percent of tips and service charge goes to the employees and the remaining 15 percent is collected by the company. In a proposed bill, the proponent seek to give 100 percent of collected tips to service sector employees.  Senate Bill No. 1299, or "An Act Providing that 100% of the Service Charge Collected in Hotels and Other Establishments Be Distributed to All Covered Employees and for Other Purposes" was introduced by Senator Joel Villanueva.  Villanueva is the chairperson of the Senate committee on labor, employment and human resources development.  The bill said rank-and-file employees of the service sector receive only 85 percent of the service charge paid by customer in hotels, restaurants, and similar establishments.  "Unfortunately, some establishments interpret this provision of 85 percent for the staff and 15 percent for the management as a "minimum standard,"" Villanueva said in his sponsorship speech. "There are claims that employers would stipulate in job contracts that 90 percent of the service charges will go to the management and only the remaining 10 percent goes to the employees." Sponsored Links For more than 40 years, hotel and restaurant workers have long been calling for the passage of a law that will make tips and service charges collected fully distributed among all employees.  Under Section 14 of Presidential Decree 850 signed in December 1975, the collection of service charge was optional, but any amount collected shall be distributed 85 percent and 15 percent in favor of employees.  Villanueva said the bill does not make the collection of service charge mandatory, but should establishments collect it, its total must be given to workers.  In her co-sponsorship speech, Senator Grace Poe said these employees are often under short-term contracts.  "This bill will help establish an enabling environment to ensure that we provide decent jobs with fair pay to employees in the service sector," she said.  She added giving employees 100 percent of service charges would not only help augment their income, but also "act as an incentive for them to do better."  The push for the bill comes after the Senate approved the tax reform bill on November 28 which will increase the number of lower-income Filipinos exempted from paying income tax.Source: CNN Philippines   Advertisement Read More:       ©2017 THOUGHTSKOTO

Senate Bill No. 1299, or "An Act Providing that 100% of the Service Charge Collected in Hotels and Other Establishments Be Distributed to All Covered Employees and for Other Purposes" was introduced by Senator Joel Villanueva.

Villanueva is the chairperson of the Senate committee on labor, employment and human resources development.

The bill said rank-and-file employees of the service sector receive only 85 percent of the service charge paid by customer in hotels, restaurants, and similar establishments.
The usual practice according to the old law is that only 85 percent of tips and service charge goes to the employees and the remaining 15 percent is collected by the company. In a proposed bill, the proponent seek to give 100 percent of collected tips to service sector employees.  Senate Bill No. 1299, or "An Act Providing that 100% of the Service Charge Collected in Hotels and Other Establishments Be Distributed to All Covered Employees and for Other Purposes" was introduced by Senator Joel Villanueva.  Villanueva is the chairperson of the Senate committee on labor, employment and human resources development.  The bill said rank-and-file employees of the service sector receive only 85 percent of the service charge paid by customer in hotels, restaurants, and similar establishments.  "Unfortunately, some establishments interpret this provision of 85 percent for the staff and 15 percent for the management as a "minimum standard,"" Villanueva said in his sponsorship speech. "There are claims that employers would stipulate in job contracts that 90 percent of the service charges will go to the management and only the remaining 10 percent goes to the employees." Sponsored Links For more than 40 years, hotel and restaurant workers have long been calling for the passage of a law that will make tips and service charges collected fully distributed among all employees.  Under Section 14 of Presidential Decree 850 signed in December 1975, the collection of service charge was optional, but any amount collected shall be distributed 85 percent and 15 percent in favor of employees.  Villanueva said the bill does not make the collection of service charge mandatory, but should establishments collect it, its total must be given to workers.  In her co-sponsorship speech, Senator Grace Poe said these employees are often under short-term contracts.  "This bill will help establish an enabling environment to ensure that we provide decent jobs with fair pay to employees in the service sector," she said.  She added giving employees 100 percent of service charges would not only help augment their income, but also "act as an incentive for them to do better."  The push for the bill comes after the Senate approved the tax reform bill on November 28 which will increase the number of lower-income Filipinos exempted from paying income tax.Source: CNN Philippines   Advertisement Read More:       ©2017 THOUGHTSKOTO
Sponsored Links

For more than 4 decades, hotel and restaurant workers have been calling for a new law that will make tips and service charges collected equally distributed among all employees to be passed.

Under Section 14 of Presidential Decree 850 signed in December 1975, the collection of service charge was optional, but any amount collected shall be distributed 85 percent and 15 percent in favor of employees.

Villanueva said the bill does not make the collection of service charge mandatory, but should establishments collect it, its total must be given to workers.
Senator Grace Poe, a co-sponsor of the bill, said these employees are often under short-term contracts.
The usual practice according to the old law is that only 85 percent of tips and service charge goes to the employees and the remaining 15 percent is collected by the company. In a proposed bill, the proponent seek to give 100 percent of collected tips to service sector employees.  Senate Bill No. 1299, or "An Act Providing that 100% of the Service Charge Collected in Hotels and Other Establishments Be Distributed to All Covered Employees and for Other Purposes" was introduced by Senator Joel Villanueva.  Villanueva is the chairperson of the Senate committee on labor, employment and human resources development.  The bill said rank-and-file employees of the service sector receive only 85 percent of the service charge paid by customer in hotels, restaurants, and similar establishments.  "Unfortunately, some establishments interpret this provision of 85 percent for the staff and 15 percent for the management as a "minimum standard,"" Villanueva said in his sponsorship speech. "There are claims that employers would stipulate in job contracts that 90 percent of the service charges will go to the management and only the remaining 10 percent goes to the employees." Sponsored Links For more than 40 years, hotel and restaurant workers have long been calling for the passage of a law that will make tips and service charges collected fully distributed among all employees.  Under Section 14 of Presidential Decree 850 signed in December 1975, the collection of service charge was optional, but any amount collected shall be distributed 85 percent and 15 percent in favor of employees.  Villanueva said the bill does not make the collection of service charge mandatory, but should establishments collect it, its total must be given to workers.  In her co-sponsorship speech, Senator Grace Poe said these employees are often under short-term contracts.  "This bill will help establish an enabling environment to ensure that we provide decent jobs with fair pay to employees in the service sector," she said.  She added giving employees 100 percent of service charges would not only help augment their income, but also "act as an incentive for them to do better."  The push for the bill comes after the Senate approved the tax reform bill on November 28 which will increase the number of lower-income Filipinos exempted from paying income tax.Source: CNN Philippines   Advertisement Read More:       ©2017 THOUGHTSKOTO
She added giving employees 100%of service charges would not only help augment their income, but also "act as an incentive for them to do better."

The push for the bill followed after the Senate approved the tax reform bill which will increase the number of lower-income Filipinos exempted from paying income tax.

Source: CNN Philippines
The usual practice is that only 85 percent of tips and service charge goes to the employees and the remaining 15 percent is collected by the company. In a proposed bill, the proponent seek to give 100 percent of collected tips to service sector employees.  Senate Bill No. 1299, or "An Act Providing that 100% of the Service Charge Collected in Hotels and Other Establishments Be Distributed to All Covered Employees and for Other Purposes" was introduced by Senator Joel Villanueva.  Villanueva is the chairperson of the Senate committee on labor, employment and human resources development.  The bill said rank-and-file employees of the service sector receive only 85 percent of the service charge paid by customer in hotels, restaurants, and similar establishments.  "Unfortunately, some establishments interpret this provision of 85 percent for the staff and 15 percent for the management as a "minimum standard,"" Villanueva said in his sponsorship speech. "There are claims that employers would stipulate in job contracts that 90 percent of the service charges will go to the management and only the remaining 10 percent goes to the employees." Sponsored Links For more than 40 years, hotel and restaurant workers have long been calling for the passage of a law that will make tips and service charges collected fully distributed among all employees.  Under Section 14 of Presidential Decree 850 signed in December 1975, the collection of service charge was optional, but any amount collected shall be distributed 85 percent and 15 percent in favor of employees.  Villanueva said the bill does not make the collection of service charge mandatory, but should establishments collect it, its total must be given to workers.  In her co-sponsorship speech, Senator Grace Poe said these employees are often under short-term contracts.  "This bill will help establish an enabling environment to ensure that we provide decent jobs with fair pay to employees in the service sector," she said.  She added giving employees 100 percent of service charges would not only help augment their income, but also "act as an incentive for them to do better."  The push for the bill comes after the Senate approved the tax reform bill on November 28 which will increase the number of lower-income Filipinos exempted from paying income tax.Source: CNN Philippines   Advertisement Read More:       ©2017 THOUGHTSKOTO

Advertisement

Read More:





©2017 THOUGHTSKOTO

SEARCH JBSOLIS, TYPE KEYWORDS and TITLE OF ARTICLE at the box below